On March 4, an Executive Order by the Head of the Mexico City Government, Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, PhD, was published in the Official Gazette of Mexico City; this publication informed that, based on epidemiological data and hospital occupancy of suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Mexico City, the Mexico City Monitoring Committee determined that the color of the Epidemiological traffic light in the entity would be GREEN.
In consequence, the foregoing Executive Order establishes in Article Two, Section II that commercial establishments and/or sectors specified in this section may now operate normally, that is, in accordance with their capacity and in the allowed opening hours specified in their notice of operation and applicable legal provisions.
These establishments are:
- Commercial establishments with zonal impact, the main line of business of which is the sale and/or distribution of alcoholic beverages in open containers and/or individual servings such as bars, cantinas, clubs, discotheques or similar establishments.
- Events halls.
- Commercial establishments relating to massive activities or events in closed spaces, including sports, cultural, shows, concerts or similar activities or events.
- Corporate and private sector offices.
- Other commercial sectors, activities and/or establishments that still have any restrictions.
As can be seen, this implies a return to normal operations of all business activities.
Article Three establishes that all restrictions have been eliminated for the return in person to all basic, middle-upper and upper education schools, both public and private, as well as for nurseries and Points of Innovation, Freedom, Art, Education and Knowledge (PILARES) located in Mexico City
Lastly, Article Four establishes that the following health rules must continue to be applied:
- The mandatory use of face masks in closed spaces.
- Favoring the use of natural ventilation.
- The placement of dispensers of antibacterial gel with 70% alcohol at the entrance and in the interior of areas of common use.
- The placement of health filters for the detection of temperature symptoms.
- Not allowing access to any person with a temperature of more than 37.5 Celsius degrees.
In consequence, in accordance with the Executive Order, all activities in general are resumed, with the only condition of the application of the measures included in Article Four, described above.
We remain truly yours for any question or comment in relation to this note.