Javier Lozano Alarcón
He was born in the city of Puebla on November 21, 1962. He is a lawyer from the Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City. He is currently working on his Master’s Degree in Political Communication and Strategic Governance at The George Washington University.
Training and Studies
- He studied piano professionally at the Conservatorio Nacional de Música from 1981 to 1985.
- He was also founder and the first President of the Institute of Telecommunications Law (IDET).
- He has been head professor of Theory of Law (previously, Introduction to Law Studies) for 17 consecutive years at the Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City.
In the professional area
- From 1984 to 1987: intern in the Central Bank Provisions Directorate at the Central Bank of Mexico
- From 1987 to 1989: Legal Manager of the Petrochemical Sector at Grupo Alfa
- From 1989 to 1994: Director of Authorization and External Private Credit Control; Coordinator of Advisors of the Undersecretary of Internal Rules and Regulations and Budget Control and General Director of Rules and Regulations and Administrative Development at the Sub-ministry of Expenditures of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit.
- In 1994: General Corporate Comptroller at Petróleos Mexicanos.
- At the Ministry of Communications and Transports: Chief of Staff from 1995 to 1996, Undersecretary of Communications from 1996 to 1998; and president of the Federal Commission on Telecommunications from 1998 to 1999.
- From 1999 to 2000: Undersecretary of Social Communication at the Department of the Interior.
- 2001: Founding Partner of Javier Lozano y Asociados, S.C., a Law Firm specializing in consulting focused on projects relating to technology and regulation in telecommunications and media management and strategy matters.
- From 2003 to 2005: Representative of the Government of the State of Puebla in the Federal District and General Coordinator of the Commission on Transparency in the Provision of Public Services of the State of Puebla.
- From 2006 to 2011: Secretary of Labor and Social Welfare during the Government of President Felipe Calderón Hinojosa.
- From 2012 to 2018: Senator of the Republic for the State of Puebla (President of the Commission on Communications and Transports; Secretary of the Commission on Labor and Social Welfare; Secretary of the Commission on Culture and member of the Commission on Radio, Television and Cinematography, of the National Defense Commission, of Constitutional Points, Foreign Relations for Europe; president of the Commission on Culture and member of the Permanent Commission.
- From February to August, 2017: Head of Office for the Governor of the State of Puebla, Antonio Gali Fayad.
- He currently collaborates as a columnist in El Universal (newspaper) and in the electronic portal SDPnoticias.com.
- He has participated as consultant and strategist of the pre-campaign, constitutional campaign and transition teams of Felipe Calderón (coordinator of the war room) and Tony Gali (campaign coordinator) as well as in the campaign of José Antonio Meade (spokesman).